KHALID NASR THINK TANK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KHALID NASR THINK TANK

LET US SHARE IDEAS TO ENABLE OTHERS

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

POST BENAZIR RESPONSIBILITY OF PEOPLE OF PAKISTAN

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MAJOR(R)KHALID NASR
Admin

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-12-16

POST BENAZIR RESPONSIBILITY OF PEOPLE OF PAKISTAN Empty
PostSubject: POST BENAZIR RESPONSIBILITY OF PEOPLE OF PAKISTAN   POST BENAZIR RESPONSIBILITY OF PEOPLE OF PAKISTAN Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 7:20 am

Thursday, 12-27-07

Articles, Opinions and News
LETTER FROM AMERICA
To the people of Pakistan
Forward to a friend

To the people of Pakistan,

by Ubair Amin

On this day, December 27, 2007, I have the unfortunate task of writing this letter. I want to start by clarifying where I stand. I am not a supporter of Benazir Bhutto, though it is very difficult not to respect her father. I am not affiliated with any political party nor am I a resident of Pakistan. I am not representing any foreign government; I assure you that I have absolutely no ulterior purpose other than the preservation and the stabilization of Pakistan. Many may think this gives me no right to speak to you about the political situation of Pakistan but I feel that because I have no personal stake in the future of Pakistan, except for my concern, I can serve as an objective opinion.
On this day at 6:16 pm yet another travesty occurred on the soil of Rawalpindi. This travesty served as the catalyst that will lead to plenty more travesties over the course of the next few weeks. I am mourning her just as you are. However, I’m not mourning because I feel a connection with Ms. Bhutto. I am mourning that state of a country that would lead to such an act.
I watch the Pakistani news networks and over the course of the last months repeatedly I’ve heard the word democracy. I’ve heard it uttered from many mouths but I don’t see it in Pakistan. I see land owners threatening their villagers not to vote. I see politicians absolutely sure of there places in the future parliament before an election. I see an election that was to produce a government the public did not want. Finally, I saw an opposition leader killed to silence her. Though I will not speculate on who is responsible, it can be said that this action has silenced, stunted, and abated the democratic process.
I ask the people of Pakistan what they are doing. There are so many on the streets burning banners and buses, looting businesses and destroying property and spirit of its people. Riots have broken out all over the nation as a show of sorrow. Reports have come in of the many deaths that are following the death of Bhutto and the citizens around her. I see all these people ready to be destructive, but where are these citizens when there was a time to be constructive. How easy it is to take the streets to vent ones anger but how difficult it is to take to the streets to stand up for ones rights.
There are times to face the truth, you as a people, are ready to sit back and do nothing to stop these atrocities. These days of turmoil will end and again you will be ready to be led and abused. Just as the people sat placid when Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto was hung and they will eventually forget the anger of today. This venting is not just damaging to people and property it is self destructive. You need this anger to make a difference. Too long has the Muslim world let its leaders die. It isn’t just the Bhuttos it is not just Pakistan, let us not forget that three of the four Khalifah’s were killed, Hasarat Uthman and Ali at the hands of Muslims. Hasarat Ali was struck down while praying. What have we learned from these lives? What have we learned of these from these deaths? It is our responsibility to save our leaders. It is our responsibility to learn from our losses.
Pakistan is in danger more so than it has ever been before. The government is inefficient, there are too many injustices that are let go. There is too much division amongst the people and a foreign superpower is plotting a conquest. These are realities, realities that can not be escaped by ignoring them. One leader can not save Pakistan, because one man can die. Musharraf, Bhutto, or any other leader can not free Pakistan of its trouble. This may seem like a bleak statement but it is not, the people of Pakistan can save themselves. The people do have the ability to break away from the feudal inept leaders, the people have the ability to implement and work with a government of their choosing. We have to move beyond these established parties, it is time to stop backing leaders that all of you are tired of simply because they are of a familiar party. It is time for something new, maybe a new united party working together to give the power back to its people, a fresh start beyond established wealth that can be used as a vessel for the public to get a voice.
It isn’t easy, and it is obvious that the people of Pakistan fear change. However this is the only way I see Pakistan’s salvation. It may be farfetched but it will be more effective than burning buses and fighting your own country men. The army can’t save you anymore and the United States will oppose this action because they want you to be weak. Uniting is the only way to fend off destruction and foreign occupation, form the “proper peoples party” instead of those that used the term for their own devices and you we find a leader of the people. This leader will be interchangeable because under progress and proper education, Pakistan will produce many that can lead the nation. It is time to stop being a nation of followers and become a nation of leaders for only you can save yourselves. Thank you for your time.

Earnestly,
Ubair Amin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reader Comments: [post comment]

There are no comments. Click here to be the first to comment on this article.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article are the sole responsibility of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the Pakistan Think Tank Organization (PTT) or its members.

To become a Member of PTT, click here.

The PTT grants permission to cross-post original PTT articles on community internet sites as long as the text & title are not modified. The source and the author's copyright must be displayed. For publication of PTT articles in print or other forms including commercial internet sites, contact: agamjd@gmail.com

www.pakistanthinktank.org contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available to our readers under the provisions of "fair use" in an effort to advance a better understanding of political, economic and social issues. The material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving it for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material for purposes other than "fair use" you must request permission from the copyright owner.

Invitation: All original articles are welcome for the PTT Articles Section, please e-mail them to: agamjd@gmail.com
Latest Articles
Who Killed Bhutto?
Murtaza Shibli is editor of Kashmir Affairs

To the people of Pakistan
by Ubair Amin, Letter from America

The Assassination of Benazir may not be the work of THE TERRORISTS, but of terrorists,
Dr.Mike Bax, Faisalabad, Pakistan

The post assasination scenario analysis -- elections in jeopardy now
Z. Hamid, The Brasstacks Organization, Islamabad

انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجیعون
PAKISTAN THINK TANK ORGANIZATION

Pakistan Needs To Deal With Terrorists on a War Footing: India and Afghanistan are both culpable!

Innalillah-i-Wa-Innal-Alay-Rajioon: Red alert -- Death of Benazir Bhutto and emerging scenario!!
Z.Hamid, Defense and Security Analyst, Brasstacks Organization, Islamabad, Pakistan

Pakistan's Tyranny Continues
By AITZAZ AHSAN; president of the Supreme Court Bar Association of Pakistan.

Will US violate Pakistan territory?
Abdul Sattar, Editor, Foreign Affairs, Pakistan Observer, Islamabad

Citizen’s duty
By M.B. Naqvi, Pakistan Think Tank Distinguished Journalist and Thought Leader

Defens and Security Situation Report December 23, 2007
Z.Hamid, The Brasstacks Organization, Islamabad, Pakistan

‘Sacrifice is in the air’
Amjad Malik is a Solicitor-Advocate of the Supreme Court of England

What's holding Pakistan back
Walter Rodgers is a former senior international correspondent for CNN. CS Monitor 12-27-2007

The road to democracy in Pakistan may be a dead end
The Age, Australia (Hats off to the Aussies for caring)

U.S. Troops to Head to Pakistan
William Arkin, Washington Post

Pakistan's hushed media is criticized
LAURA KING, Los Angeles Times

A Very Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year
The Pakistan Think Tank Organization

Petition to drop charges against Punjab University Faculty (Pakistan)
The Pakistan Think Tank Organization

Hindu Killers are Back in Power in Gujrat: So much for the Secular Indian Image

Opinions : Potpourri
Pakistani People (Courtesy Jang)

This lawyer deserves to be hanged in Pakistan : On Retainer in Pakistan, to Ease Military Rulers' Path:
By JANE PERLEZ, New York Times {Courtesy: Lt.Gen. Agha Jehangir Ali (Retd)}

Amerika Khuda Nahin
Haroon-ur-Rashid, Express, {Courtesy: Lt.Gen Agha Jahangir Ali (Retd)}

Pakistan's future imperfect
Ali Dayan Hasan; South Asia researcher for Human Rights Watch.

Desist from foolish adventure
Dr Samiullah Koreshi; Ambassador’s Diary

The suppressed story of Indian proliferation
Dr. Jassim Taqui; Deputy Editor (IR)

[ see all articles ]

Home : About Us : Forum : Articles : Links : Manage : Contact Us ©2007 Pakistan Think Tank, USA. All Rights Reserved.
Back to top Go down
http://khalidforums.forumotion.com

POST BENAZIR RESPONSIBILITY OF PEOPLE OF PAKISTAN
Page 1 of 1